Man oh man this summer treat did not disappoint! Peaches are in season and the perfect fruit to star in any summer dish. We like to grill them and throw them on salads, slice them up on a snack tray or charcuterie board, or throw them into a crumble or pie!
This dessert takes the best of a peach pie, combines it with a crumble and throws it into “bar form” for a bite sized treat. With a few simple steps you’ll have a yummy dessert perfect for a summer BBQ!
Enjoy, and sweet your Hartt out!
- Crust and crumble:
- 1 cup flour
- 1⅓ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3 peaches, diced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Begin with adding all crust/crumble dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Add brown sugar, cinnamon and salt and mix well.
- After melted butter has cooled, add butter, almond and vanilla extracts to the dry ingredients and mix well using clean hands. When the oats begin to bind together, set aside to create filling.
- Add diced peaches, brown sugar, corn starch and lemon juice into a separate mixing bowl. Mix until all peaches are evenly coated.
- Thoroughly grease a 8x8 baking dish. Add ¾ of the crust/crumble mixture to dish, pressing down to create a strong crust.
- Add peaches on top of crust layer, then top with the leftover crust/crumble.
- Place in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and enjoy!