This is not your momma’s meatloaf! This simple, delicious recipe is totally keto friendly and packed with flavor! I have been playing around with this bacon-jalapeño ketchup for a little bit now, and let me tell you–GAME CHANGER.
You’re going to see a whole lot more of this ketchup on all of the things. Speaking of game changers–my ground beef here is Imperial Wagyu! If you haven’t had a chance, check them out–it will step up your burger game like you wouldn’t believe!
But most, just enjoy and Eat your Hartt out!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 strips bacon, diced
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 cups white mushroom, sliced
- ½ cup white cheddar cheese, crumbled
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cups ketchup
- ½ tablespoon butter
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- ½ tablespoon granulated garlic
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine raw onions and bacon in a large bowl, place ¼ in a small sauce pot with jalapeños and the remainder in a large skillet over medium/high heat. Cook until bacon starts to slightly brown. Add mushrooms, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, and cinnamon to the skillet. Stir and lower heat to medium low, cook until all liquid is gone. Add ketchup and butter to sauce pot, bring to low boil stir then cover and lower heat to simmer.
- Mix ground beef with cumin, garlic, salt, and pepper. Oil the walls of a bread pan and press the meat on to the bottom and sides of the pan to form a pocket, make sure to save some to encase the top of the meatloaf. Place mushroom mixture in to the pocket, top it with the crumbled cheese, and seal it with the rest of the meat. Try and seal all gaps.
- Cook meatloaf in an oven at 350 for 35-40 mins.
- Once meat loaf is in the oven it’s time to make the ketchup. Use an immersion blender or a stand up blender, blend to a smooth texture.
- With 5 minutes left on the meatloaf spread some ketchup over the top, save the rest for serving.
- Remove meatloaf from oven and bread pan, rest for 3-4 minutes before slicing.
- Serve and enjoy!