What’s up my quarantine people! I’m over here hanging onto my quarantine 15 and trying to trim down–so back to keto we go! What better way to start than with some lemony-garlic seafood?
Shrimp is such an easy and delicious seafood to cook–it cooks quickly and the pink color easily tells you when it’s done! The biggest pain about shrimp is the peel and devein–save yourself a step and buy them already done!
This one skillet dinner is done in under 30 minutes and will leave you feeling satisfied without the guilt.
Enjoy, and eat your Hartt out!
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Pinch of Xanthan gum (flour for non-keto option)
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1½ cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- ½ lemon, sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- In a large hot skillet melt butter. Once melted add xanthan gum for keto or sub in flour here for non keto— stir to create a roux. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add shrimp zucchini, and broccoli to the skillet on medium heat, toss all ingredients together until shrimp and broccoli are evenly coated. Allow to simmer another for 2-3 minutes.
- When shrimp begin to firm and become pink, add in wine and lemon juice while scraping any brown bits off the bottom of the skillet.
- Mix together and simmer for 3-4 minutes until shrimp is fully cooked and broccoli is fork tender.
- Top with lemon slices, parmesan cheese and fresh herbs of choice.