This dish is all comfort, and brings back some seriously amazing childhood memories! My version is the delicious dinner brings on all of those comforting flavors you remember from your momma’s Salisbury steak but will keep you in ketosis!
You can serve these Salisbury steak meatballs over cauliflower rice/mash or veggies for keto, or you can make one of the amazing potato dishes I have created like: Easy Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Rosemary- Parmesan Hasselback Potatoes or even Ranch Crunch Potatoes for a cheat meal!
Enjoy, and eat your Hartt out!
- 2 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoon keto friendly steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces white mushrooms, chopped
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- ¼ cup red wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Combine meat, seasonings, and steak sauce in a bowl and roll in to balls about the size of a golf ball.
- Brown meat balls in a large pan or skillet over med/high heat. Turning every couple minutes to get an even brown.
- While meat balls are browning pour balsamic vinegar over the mushrooms in a bowl and season with a little salt.
- Remove meat balls from pan and set aside. Add onions to pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes then add mushrooms and minced garlic. Lower heat to medium and allow mushrooms to cook down, about 5-6 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with red wine and bring to boil. Pour in heavy cream and flour and stir. Lower heat to simmer and allow sauce to thicken.
- Place meat balls back in sauce and toss to fully coat them.
- Serve over a bed of rice or vegetables. Enjoy!