Keto Lemon Chicken Piccata
Author: Jason Hartt
- 2 large chicken breast; flitted
- 1 large spaghetti squash, cooked
- 2 tablespoon capers
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ cup white wine
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups pork panko
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnish parmesan cheese, parsley, lemon zest.
- Between two pieces of plastic wrap tenderize the chicken filets with a mallet or roller, until they are about ¼ inch thick.
- Separate the eggs, flour, and pork panko in to three bowls. Mix your eggs together to make an egg wash. Season your flour with salt and pepper and add the Italian seasoning into your pork panko. Now it’s time to dredge the chicken.
- Start with the flour, then into the egg wash fallowed by the pork panko.
- Cook the chicken in a hot pan or skillet with a little bit of oil on med/high heat for 4-5 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through and crispy.
- Remove chicken and set aside, add onions to pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, add in garlic and toss. Once garlic is fragrant deglaze with wine. Make sure to scrape to get all the brown bits off the bottom. Bring to boil then lower heat to simmer.
- Slowly add in butter while stirring. Mix in lemon juice, capers, and crushed red pepper. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed. Toss spaghetti squash in sauce. Place chicken on top.
- Top with Parmesan cheese, parsley, and lemon zest.
- Serve and enjoy!