This week’s baking Thursday recipe is as easy as ever, and perfect for the season! I am such a lover of all things pumpkin (I know basic B behavior–but it’s the truth!).
This recipe was such a hit with both adults and kids, you can serve it with just the glaze and the kids can pick it up and eat–or you can get fancy and make a homemade whipped cream, top with a little mint and serve!
Enjoy, and sweet your Hartt out.
- 2 cans crescent rolls, refrigerated
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Optional cream cheese glaze:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- In a medium mixing bowl, incorporate butter and brown sugar into one using clean hands.
- Spray 9x12 baking dish of choice with non stick spray. Begin to lay out each crescent roll.
- Scoop approx. ½ Tablespoon of canned pumpkin to each open crescent roll. Top with a teaspoon of butter and brown sugar mixture and roll into crescent shape
- Repeats step 3 until all crescents are stuffed to become Dumplings.
- Top Dumplings with remaining butter and brown sugar mixture and pumpkin pie spice.
- Place in the preheated oven at 350 for approx 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- While dumplings are baking, add all cream cheese glaze ingredients into a bowl and whisk until all lumps are gone.
- Remove dumplings from the oven, when cooled top with glaze and serve.