Happy Fall Y’all! It’s the time of year for all of the one pot wonders that fill your house will all of those feel good smells! This recipe is hearty, and packed with all of those amazing fall flavors.
One of my favorite things about recipes like this is the layering of flavor; seasoning at every step is key here! When the meat is browning you will want to great the base of flavor, and continue to layer with every step of ingredients added. Then simply summer and bask in a house full of fall smells!
Enjoy, and eat your Hartt out!
- 1 pound green chilies pork sausage
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 2 cups bell peppers, diced
- 1 can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 can northern white beans, rinsed
- ½ cup roasted sweet corn
- 1 can of beer
- 1½ shots of bourbon
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- ½ tablespoon granulated garlic
- ½ tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- In a large pot or Dutch oven brown sausage, bell peppers, jalapeños, and onions with a little olive oil on high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and pour in the beer to deglaze the pot. Make sure to scrape the bottom to get all those flavors.
- Add bourbon, beans, tomatoes, corn, and seasonings. Stir and cover. Reduce heat to low and allow chili to simmer. Longer the better. 2-5 hours.
- Serve with favorite chili toppings and enjoy!