This easy weeknight dinner is as simple as creating a delicious glaze, tossing your salmon on the oven and done! I love creating a glaze for salmon, in this case I reduced down the ponzu–which is a citrus based Japanese sauce.
When the ponzu is reduced down with a small amount of sugar a glaze is created that brings out all of the wonderful flavors of the salmon. The full recipe is below, enjoy and eat your Hartt out!
- 1 salmon filet, no skin
- 1 cup ponzu sauce
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Rinse and pay dry salmon. Season with salt and allspice on both sides. Place in oven for 20 mins.
- In a sauté pan combine sugar, ponzu, and ginger. Bring to a boil while stirring. Once boiling reduce heat to low for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally to allow sauce to reduce.
- When the sauce has reduced take off heat.
- Brush glaze over the salmon and place back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove salmon from oven, drizzle ponzu glaze over the top. Serve and enjoy!