This creamy, smoky potato salad is the perfect way to cool down this summer! Kick your traditional bacon bits to the curb and give this recipe a try. Like all of my recipes, it is packed with flavor, a little kick of spice and the perfect bite from the green onion–all done in about 20 minutes! But I advise leaving it in the fridge to cool for a few hours before serving.
When I brought this to my sisters Fourth of July BBQ, there was not a drop left!
Enjoy, and eat your Hartt out!
- 3 pounds small red potatoes, diced
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ creamy horseradish
- ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- ½ tablespoon granulated onion
- ½ tablespoon granulated garlic
- ½ tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ cup green onions, diced
- In a large pot, with salted water, boil potatoes until tender but not mushy. About 7-8 minutes.
- Strain and place potatoes into an ice bath to stop from over cooking.
- While potatoes are cooling, mix together wet ingredients and seasonings in a large bowl. Slowly stir in potatoes to get an even coating.
- Top with green onions and lemon zest. Serve and enjoy!