Lemon chicken is one of those savory dinners that I can never get enough of! The bright citrus flavors make it perfect for summer– you can serve it over pasta, with a side of grilled veggies, or use it to top a salad.
Anyway that it’s served, this delicious chicken with the creamy, homemade sauce is out of the world!
Enjoy, and eat your Hartt out!
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tablespoon flour (sub in almond flour for Keto option)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup basil, chopped
- Add flour, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to a plate and spread evenly. Dip each chicken breast in the flour and seasoning blend to evenly coat each side and set aside.
- Add olive oil to a skillet on medium heat. When the pan is hot, carefully begin to add each chicken breast. Cook 3 minutes on each side until slightly browned.
- When chicken browned remove from the pan and set aside.
- Deglaze pan using white wine and use a spatula to gently scrape all browned bits off the bottom. Add lemon juice and additional flour and whisk until sauce forms and no lumps are left. Salt and pepper go taste.
- Add chicken back into the sauce and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes until the center of the chicken breast feels slightly firm.
- Top with chopped basil and serve!