Whole roasted chickens are one of our favorite things to cook around here! When seasoned and roasted properly they are so full of flavor–bonus? We have lunch for the next day!
Many people are intimidated by a roasting a full chicken, however spatchcocking your chicken is a fool proof way to cook your bird. If you need some tips, head over to my YouTube channel for the full play by play!
Enjoy, and eat your Hartt out!
- 1 whole chicken, spatchcocked
- ½ cup Trader Joe’s garlic olive oil
- 1 jar Trader Joe’s Bruschetta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place chicken on sheet pan. Rub Bruschetta underneath skin on to breasts and thighs.
- Lightly cover skin with olive oil and top with salt and pepper.
- Cook in oven for 1 hour or until internal temperature is 165 in the center if the breast.
- Top with basil, serve and enjoy!