In the midst of my Mother’s Day Italian cooking kick, I have struck gold! This creamy, decadent and rich pasta dish may look dreamy–but let me assure you, it tastes even better!
With only a few ingredients and a couple simple techniques you can make this show stopper too! Check out the full recipe below, and as always,
Eat your Hartt out!
- 1 pound spaghetti, dry
- ¼ pound bacon
- 2 large eggs plus 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley for serving
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Boil the pasta per package instructions until al dente. This should take about 7-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile add bacon to a cold pan and bring to medium-high heat. As bacon begins to crisp, turn over. Allow bacon to cook to desired done-ness and set aside on a paper towel to absorb some of the additional grease.
- Once bacon is done sauté garlic in bacon fat for 1 minute. Remove garlic along with 1 tablespoon of fat and set aside.
- Before straining pasta, reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Place eggs, yolks, 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, pepper, sautéed garlic, and bacon fat in a bowl and slowly whisk in the cup of pasta water.
- Cut bacon into ¼” thick pieces, add bacon and carbonara sauce to pasta and mix together.
- Top pasta with parsley and remaining Parmesan. Serve and enjoy!