Churros, churros who doesn’t love a good churro?! These remind me of a post baseball game snack-shack treat, a successful Costco trip, or a day at Disneyland, and every memory I have of a churro is PURE JOY!
The only problem with churros is that they are really not that easy to make from scratch! You can grab the frozen ones from Costco and warm them up in the oven, but I have to say that this hack is just as easy and even more delicious!
The crescent roll dough bakes to the perfect crunchy outside and soft inside texture that you’re looking for in a churro, and this chocolate dipping sauce just takes it to the next level. This recipe took me 20 minutes from start to finish, and would be the perfect dessert addition to any party!
Enjoy, and sweet your Hartt out.
- 1 package crescent rounds dough
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cinnamon
- Coconut oil spray
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Roll out crescent dough onto parchment paper and cut in half to create 2 even rectangles. The dough will be precut into strips the opposite way.
- Mix sugar and 2 Tablespoons of cinnamon together and place on a plate. Dip strips of dough into the cinnamon and sugar until both sides of each strip is coated.
- Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper and lightly coat with coconut oil spray and place coated strips of dough onto the sheet pan.
- Slightly twist each piece of dough to form the look of a "cinnamon twist".
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Add chocolate chips, 1 Tablespoon if cinnamon and heavy cream to a small sauce pot on low heat. Continuously whisk until chocolate is smooth.
- Remove churros from oven, add chocolate sauce to ramekin and serve. Don't forget to dip!