If you’ve been following along for a few weeks now, you know how we feel about Italian food in our house. I’ve been throwin down with some Eggplant Parmesan and Pasta Carbonara, and now it’s time for a twist on chicken parm!
This recipe is an easy weeknight dinner, appetizer, or perfect atop your favorite pasta. Anyway it’s served it takes under 30 minutes to make and tastes delicious!
Enjoy, and eat your Hartt out!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ¼ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 jar Muir Glen Fire Roasted Pasta Sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup basil, chopped
- Place ground chicken in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl whisk one egg and slowly add to ground chicken. Mix until incorporated.
- Add breadcrumbs, seasonings and ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese to the bowl. Reserve remaining cheese for garnish.
- Salt and pepper to taste and mix well using clean hands.
- Begin to form meatballs by rolling them between palms and add to a lined baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 and add in meatballs. Bake for 15 minutes until firm and slightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and top with pasta sauce, remaining cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Place back in the oven for 5-7 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with basil and serve over pasta, spaghetti squash, or just with a side of roasted veggies. Enjoy!