Carne asada tacos are a delicious flank steak taco made from marinated skirt steak, and the marinade in this recipe is what makes these tacos next level delicious!
If you have the time, I recommend allowing the skirt steak to sit in the marinade over night for maximum flavor and tenderness. When you grill the skirt steak, grill the peppers, onions and pineapple along side the steak. This will open up all of the flavors and bring out the materials sugars in each of the ingredients. When the making your tacos top with the grilled marinade and dive in!
Enjoy, and eat your Hartt out.
- 1.5 pounds flank steak
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 beer
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1 sour orange, sliced
- 1 sour orange, juiced
- 1½ cup pineapple, diced
- 1 Tablespoon chipotle seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon granulated garlic
- ½ Tablespoon salt
- Add all ingredients into a large Tupperware or ziploc bag and seal. Place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours, however overnight is best.
- Remove meat from marinade and grill on medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Pour marinate onto flattop grill or large skillet and cook down for 5-7 minutes until veggies and fruit soften.
- Slice meat and place in tortillas of choice, top with grilled marinade and serve!