Salmon grilled anyway, with any marinate is on the top of my “must have” list, but this marinate brings something special to the table!
I love me some salmon, whether it’s on my grill grates, a cedar plank on the grill, oven baked or pan seared–I’m a fan! I love to play with ways to season salmon to enhance the flavor of this hearty and delicious fish, and this marinade has the perfect Asian flair.
I like to marinate any meat I am cooking the night before for the best results, however it is important to note that when cooking fish you want to avoid citrus in any marinade because it will begin to cook your fish–like ceviche!
I decided to grill this salmon, however this recipe would be just as delicious pan seared, and the cook times would remain the same. I originally used a cedar plank when I made this recipe the first time, and if you enjoy the smokey flavor of salmon then check out my Instagram highlight for some of my tips and learnings around cedar planks.
Enjoy, and eat your Hartt out!
- 2 (6) ounce salmon filets
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ brown sugar
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- Add all ingredients into freezer bag. Remove excess air and seal, place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or over night for best results.
- Heat BBQ to med/high heat and grill salmon for 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve over brown rice, or with a side of vegetables, top with and enjoy!