This light and healthy dish has the perfect citrus kick to lead us right into spring and summer! I am a huge salmon fan, and when it is prepared properly, it is so tender and flaky– yummmmmm!
Pan seared salmon is the perfect week night dinner because it is quick and healthy. The salmon cooks quickly, and you can serve with any easy sides of your choosing. You could even dress this dinner up for a date night or dinner party!
It is really important right know the basics of cooking salmon because when salmon is not properly prepared it can be dry and flavorless, and you’d be missing out on so much goodness!
In my opinion, the key with salmon is to keep it simple, know your cook time, and get that skin nice and crispy! Check out all of my tips in the full recipe below.
Enjoy and eat your Hartt out!
- 2 (6) ounce salmon filets skin on
- 2 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- 2 teaspoon sriracha
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 orange (save zest for plating)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Season salmon with garlic salt. Make sure to season skin as well.
- In a lightly oiled pan, sear salmon skin side down for 2 mins on high. Place in oven for 12-13 mins, until meat is lightly flaky and stiff to touch.
- While salmon is in oven combine soy sauce, fish sauce, sriracha, brown sugar, sesame oil, and orange juice in a small pot. Bring to boil then lower heat to low simmer for 10 mins.
- Remove fish from oven, top with orange soyaki and serve. Enjoy!