If you’re looking for a festive and delicious Saint Patty’s Day (or really any day, I mean look at this bad boy) then this recipe is for you! Or maybe you made a huge pot of Corned Beef and have left overs? Anyway you slice is, this sandwich is out of this world!
I am not big on corned beef and cabbage, but the corned beef–I’m about it! So my solution was to take the tender meat, thinly sliced and make a big fat sandwich. I toasted 2 pieces of marbled rye bread, spread each slice with my homemade spicy brown mustard, topped with some sliced pickles, melty havarti cheese, and aj jus for dipping–does it get any better than that?!
Enjoy, and eat your Hartt out!
- 6 oz thinly sliced corned beef
- 2 slices marbles rye bread, toasted
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons creamy horseradish
- ½ cup of corned beef au ju (see corned beef recipe for details)
- 1 pickle, sliced
- 1 slice havarti cheese
- Add mustard, creamy horseradish and au jus to a small mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Bread each side of toasted bread with brown mustard. Top with corned beef and havarti cheese. Place back in the toaster oven to melt cheese.
- Top with sliced pickles and serve!