What screams Saint Patrick’s Day more than corned beef? This dish is an annual must and the amount of ways that you can prepare are endless!
My recipe is simple, uses limited ingredients, and cuts down on the steps by purchasing a good quality corned beef at your local grocery store instead of brining your own. Though that process can be fun, it does have to sit for about a week to properly cure, and when time is limited the quick grocery store run takes the cake!
You can serve this delicious corned beef sliced thin with some potatoes and carrots, or even cabbage if that’s your fancy— it’s just not mine! Or you could even make a sandwich. Endless possibilities and endless deliciousness!
Enjoy and eat your Hartt out!
- 3-4 pound corn beef brisket
- 12 ounces of Guinness
- 2 shots Jameson Irish whiskey
- 1 corn beef season packet
- Place brisket fat side up in crock pot or Dutch oven. Add Guinness and Jameson. Sprinkle season packet over top of meat.
- Bring to boil. Once at a rolling boil lower heat to low and cook for 7-10 hours. Or on medium high for 4-6hours.
- Remove from pot and allow to rest for 10-15 mins.
- Slice thinly against the grain for best results.
- Strain juices from pot through a fine strainer. Place in small dipping bowl as au jus.
- Serve and enjoy.