Slow cooked short ribs are something seriously special, combo that with some Korean BBQ seasonings–and maybe a side of Spicy Green Beans and you’ve got yourself one out of this world dinner!
You guys have probably noticed by now that I love to use my Dutch oven for slow cooking all things, but using a crockpot here is completely acceptable as well! I like the Dutch oven, or large pot of choice, because I like to be able to brown the meat before I slow cook it. It really locks in all of those flavors and juices before slow cooking to tender, fall off the bone, delicious-ness.
Enjoy, and eat your Hartt out!
- 2 pounds beef short rib (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium white onion finely sliced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup warm water
- Add short ribs, onions, garlic, and salt into a bowl and mix together. Sear over high heat in a lightly oiled Dutch oven or pan.
- Once meat is slightly browned add the rest of the ingredients to the pot (be sure to scrape the bottom of the pot to release all of the browning flavor). If using a pan, move meat into a crock pot then add the rest of the ingredients. Mix the brown sugar in the hot water to dissolve before adding in.
- Stir together and cook on medium/low for 3.5 hours or until meat is tender enough to slightly shred.
- Serve and enjoy!