Don’t we all love a little fine dining every now and then? How nice would it be if we could have it more often, without breaking the bank?
Well guys, I think I did it again! Another fancy AF meal on a budget! Much like my recipe for Caprese Chicken Roll-ups, these Seared Scallops and Bacon Brussels will meet your fine dining expectations without the price tag–and we even keep the mess to one pan!
Here is our price breakdown for this EYHO on a budget meal:
Sprout’s Bay Scallops: 6.99 per pound
Thick cut bacon, 1/2 pound: 2.50
Brussels Sprouts, 1/2 pound: 1.50 (I used the other half of my bag of Brussels from last week’s Lemon Chicken Sheetpan–so basically free!)
As we close out EYHO on a budget week #2 I hope you have been reminded of how many completely delicious meals you can make for your family on a budget!
Enjoy, and eat your Hartt out.
- ½ pound bacon
- ½ pound Brussels sprouts halved
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pound bay scallops defrosted ( rinse and pat dry )
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet cook bacon on med heat. Remove before it becomes crispy. About 6-7 minutes. Leave grease in pan. Rough chop bacon
- Season Brussels sprouts in a bowl and toss to fully coat. Add to pan with bacon grease and cook for 10-12 minutes on med/high until tender. Remove from pan into a bowl, deglaze pan with a little bit of water to lift all the flavor off the bottom and add to Brussels sprouts.
- Season scallops with a little bit of salt and pepper
- Wipe pan with a paper towel to remove excess water. Heat pan on high, when hot add olive oil and scallops. Cook 3-4 minutes tossing every minute to get even sear.
- Remove pan from heat and add Brussels sprouts and bacon. Toss to incorporate everything.
- Serve and enjoy!