ITS ALMOST FRIDAYYY! And the Friday before a long weekend? Doesn’t get much better than that!
You guys already know I’m all about easy dinners, but even more so on a Thursday. The week is wrapping up, I’m beat, it’s almost time to go grocery shopping again, and I just need a set it and forget it dinner.
This recipe is on the set it and forget it level, but man it sure doesn’t taste like it!
I shared a couple tricks about sheet pan dinners in my recipe for Lemon Chicken Sheetpan, and I used a lot of them on this recipe.
When making a sheet pan dinner, it’s important to make sure all of the components of the dish are cut to be approximately the same size.
Additionally, when you read the recipe below, you’ll see that I put the sheet pan in the oven twice. Shrimp and potatoes do not have the same cook time, so in and effort to ensure that none of my ingredients dry out, I add the potatoes and veggies to cook and soften first, then add the pre-cooked sausage and shrimp for a brief cook time to finish off the dish.
In true EYHO on a budget fashion, this dish is delicious and truly cost effective. Here is our budget breakdown:
Sprouts Shrimp: 5.99 (remember this is the other half of the shrimp we used for our Shrimp Lettuce Tacos w/ Mango Salsa last week)
2 ears of corn: 89 cents
Smoked Chicken Andouille Sausage: 3.99
Baby Potatoes: 1.99
Bell peppers: 88 cents (I had leftovers from last week’s Chicken Fajitas so this was 0$ for me!)
This flavorful meal served us dinner AND leftovers, which is the best kind of dinner! If you really want to kick it up a notch, whisk a could tablespoons of sour cream with the juice of half a lemon, salt and pepper, and use as a cooling dipping sauce. Game changer!
Enjoy, and eat your Hartt out
- 1 pound tri color baby potatoes, halved
- 2 ears of corn, husks and silks removed
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoon old bay
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder.
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning.
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound Trader Joe’s chicken andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- Cut corn cobs into 5-6 even pieces. I’m a large mixing bowl, add potatoes, corn, peppers, onion, olive oil and seasonings. Toss until all ingredients are covered in seasoning.
- Add the contents of the mixing bowl onto a large sheet pan covered in foil or a non stick baking mat.
- Add baking sheet to 400 degree oven for 30 minutes, until potatoes are softening and corn is bright yellow.
- Salt and pepper shrimp to taste and remove sheet pan from oven. Add shrimp and sausage to sheet pan and place back in the oven for 8-10 minutes until shrimp is pink and slightly firm.
- Remove from oven and serve topped with fresh chopped parsley.