Momma’s Spaghetti solves all of the worlds problems! Need to feed an army? Easy week night dinner? Sick? Literally anything. This sauce just tastes like home.
My mom holds a very special place in my heart for so many reasons, and this sauce is a reminder of all of them. My love of cooking comes from her, my fondest childhood memories are of my mom and I in the kitchen; cooking, chopping and laughing.
From watching her make family meals day in and day out, to feeding my entire football team for our weekly Friday night pasta party–mom was always in the kitchen killin it.
This recipe is my take on her legendary spaghetti and meat sauce that could feed the masses and is still the talk of the 2007 El Camino Real Football Team.
Thank you to the amazing woman that taught me the basics, and the power of a good home cooked meal.
Enjoy and eat your Hartt out!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 pounds spicy ground pork
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tbsp red pepper flake
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 26 oz jars of marinara sauce
- Sauté onions and garlic in a large pot or Dutch oven with olive oil on high heat for 1-2 minutes until aromatic.
- Add pork and seasoning. With a spatula mix and break up the sausage . Cook on high for 7-10 mins until meat is fully brown and crumbles.
- Deglaze pot with wine mix and cover for 3 mins.
- Stir in can of tomatoes and marinara sauce. Cover and simmer on med/low for 1 hour to let the flavors build. The longer you can simmer, the better!
- Serve over your favorite pasta, veggies, or pretty much anything.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for Momma’s Spaghetti Sauce for later!