Christmas Eve has always been one of my favorite parts of the Christmas season. Since it was a kid my parents hosted a Christmas Eve party filled with family, friends, food and a white elephant gift exchange.
As we have gotten older my family and my sister’s family have began to take turns hosting this fun and food filled event. Well, tonight is the night! And though we are not hosting this year, we have to pull out all of stops for food, appetizers and desserts.
This fire roasted jalapeño artichoke dip in a sourdough bread bowl will be the perfect addition to the appetizer table, alongside my Three Ingredient Cocktail Weenies of course!
Top with mozzarella cheese, warm the bread bowl up in the oven and serve when it is warm, melty, and golden brown on top. You can dip just about anything into the creamy goodness! My only tip, bring a little extra in a Tupperware to refill your bread bowl, because his will go quick!
Merry Christmas and eat your Hartt out!
- 1 medium sourdough boule
- 4 jalapeños
- 1 can artichoke hearts chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese in ½ inch cubes
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese in ½ inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut out the seeds of the jalapeño then char them over an open flame or on a hot skillet just until the skin is popping and turning black. Chop to desired size.
- Combine everything in a medium sauce pot on medium heat. Continuously stir until everything is evenly melted through.
- Carve out the middle of the sourdough loaf into a bowl shape, tear and/or slice bread scraps to dip later.
- Put dip inside of the bowl and place in oven safe serving dish. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 or until the top is melted and golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite chips or veggies.