It’s the most wonderful time of the year—and it’s absolute madness. Buy gifts, wrap gifts, attend holiday parties, cook my face off, see Santa, make Christmas Magic for my kids—it’s completely crazy around here.
What do I do when life is just too nuts for me to get down in the kitchen? Two words, CROCK POT!!!!
This Chipotle Chicken Chili will fool anyone into believing you have been in the kitchen slaving away all day. The layers of flavor that the chipotle seasoning offers, and the thick and rich texture the beer provides are unlike any chili I have ever made.
This would be a great holiday dish to feed the masses, or an awesome set it and forget it weeknight dinner. Top with your favorite chili accoutrements; cheese, onions, cilantro, sour cream—the choice is yours!
All I ask is that you enjoy and eat your Hartt out!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can of beer
- 1 can of pinto beans
- 1 can of red kidney beans
- 1 can of northern white beans
- 1 can of garbanzo beans
- 1 can of chipotle peppers in ardobo sauce
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Optional toppings: lime, cheese, sour cream
- Add all ingredients, including seasoning to crockpot. Chicken should still be raw, but thawed.
- Turn crockpot to high and set timer for 4 hours. (If you are going to work or leaving for the day, you can also do 8 hours on low).
- After timer expires, remove chicken breasts from crock pot and shred in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix back into the crockpot and turn to keep warm setting until ready to serve.
- Serve hot topped with sour cream, fresh lime and a pinch of cheese.