I love me some ranch! It’s one of those condiments that goes so well with so well with anything–ANYTHINGGGGG. Like most people, when I go to a diner or restaurant I am always swooning over their ranch– how is it always 10 times better than any store bought brand?!
One word BUTTERMILK! This is what gives it that creamy, smooth texture with that little tang that keeps you wanting to go back for one more. In this case, we’re drizzling the delicious ranch over a BBQ chicken chopped salad. Light, healthy and with this delicious drizzle of ranch, you won’t feel like you’re missing out on a thing!
Check out my post on the best ever BBQ chicken for how I grilled up my chicken before chopping for the salad.
Enjoy and eat your Hartt out!
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 butterflied chicken breast, cooked
- ½ avocado, sliced thin
- 1 tomato, diced
- 4 mini or 1 large bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño deveined and seeded
- ½ cup black beans, drained
- ½ tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Add dill, mayo, sour cream, buttermilk, seasonings and lemon juice to a large mixing bowl and whisk together, increasing speed gradually until all ingredients are mixed together.
- Place in a large mason jar to chill for 1 hour before serving.
- Chop romaine lettuce and add to a medium sized bowl.
- Top with remaining ingredients listed.
- Drizzle with homemade ranch and serve!